Madrid, te quiero!

Sunday, September 28, 2014


Madrid is my favourite city of all time, it offers you everything: museums, architecture, good food, nightlife, theatres and much more! I had opportunity to live in few cities in Europe but none fulfilled me as good as Madrid did.


The main spot in Madrid is called Puerta del Sol, or just Sol. It’s commonly known as a meeting place as all the major gigs take place there. It’s also the best place to party, all the good pubs, bars and clubs are located in this area. Another similar squares very close to Sol are: Plaza Mayor and Plaza de España, where you can meet up with your friends (or meet new ones as well) for a botellón! 


Madrid is quite famous of its sport club Real Madrid. The royal club is especially well known of its football team, the leader in Spanish football league. I must say Santiago Bernabeu is an impressive stadium, but it’s the actual game and the team bringing the real emotions there.


Another place that made a huge impression on me was a Spanish corrida. As much as I love animals, I can’t contribute any comment in this issue as bull fights belong to Spain’s heritage and culture. The whole show was really well organised with details.


I absolutely love Spanish cuisine, I miss the real paella, calamares and tapas. Another unique thing in Madrid are parties! There is no time you wouldn’t meet people on the streets, Madrid is alive 24/7. A good place to have a glass of wine and tapas is Mercado de San Miguel, located next to Plaza Mayor, you can find there almost everything, sweets, sushi, Spanish tapas and more!


One of my favourite places in the capital of Spain is the stunning park called Retiro, you can rent a boat with your friends and for one hour enjoy the time on the lake. It’s also great jogging route as the park is really big.


What else you cannot miss? Of course the famous Museo del Prado. I can frankly say it’s the most beautiful museum I have ever visited and I was there loads of times already. The breathtaking collections of Goya, Rubens, Velasquez and more are one of a kind. My favourite painting located in the museum is Doña Amalia de Llano y Dotres, Countess of Vilches by Federico Madrazo y Kuntz.

You Might Also Like

0 Leave a comment