Exploring Zurich City

Tuesday, November 25, 2014


I haven’t posted any pictures since my arrival to Zurich city, so I decided to create one post about it. I have been here for three months and the half, so I already visited some nice places, although my must-see list is quite long.

Zurich is a really lovely city, although it’s known as a financial capital, the bridges and architecture make it a really romantic place! What I love about this city is something I have never experienced before – all the people dress very elegant and stylish. Wherever I would go I see people wearing nice outfits.


One day, by accident, I discovered an amazing restaurant with natural foods. The inside decor is minimalistic, but very appealing, and the food simply amazing. So far it is still my number one in Zurich. The place is called Not Guilty located at Thurgauerstrasse 40, you can get there by taking a tram number 14 or 9 from Bahnofplatz.


Zurich offers a huge variety of landscapes and backgrounds to take outstanding pictures of Zurichsee – Zurich Lake. Every bridge in the city makes the view unique and worth capturing.


The centre of Zurich gathers the Zurichhorn (a huge park on the lake side), Bahnofplatz (the main station with a shopping mall inside) and the Rathaus area (the Mayor building surrounded by old school bars and cafeterias).
One of my favourite places in Zurich is the botanical garden next to University of Zurich. Although the temperature inside is really high (because of the plants), it’s totally worth seeing, plus you don’t pay for the entrance!


Zurich’s botanical garden is a piece of eye candy for the nature photographers. I was taking pictures of almost everything there! The address of botanical garden is: Zollikerstrasse 107, 8008 Zürich. There are buses and trams going in that area, Both stop a bit further from the exact location, but if you are a wanderer – there’s no issue with that!

Currently Zurich is getting prepared for Christmas time, so everywhere you would go, there are Xmas decorations and lights. The Christmas Tree at the main station looks really stunning, it’s decored with Swarovski jewellery.

I had a pleasure to visit a local celebration in Richterswil called Räbechilbi. The idea is quite unique I must say, because the locals made many images using black layouts lightened by lanterns.

You Might Also Like

0 Leave a comment