Fall 2016 New York Fashion Week

Wednesday, February 24, 2016



So many fashion shows, so many collections! The delay on blog is due to the amount of material I have been watching and gathering (plus editing!), moreover last weeks have been crazy because I had to study for my German certificate. Not mentioning the London Fashion Week is also behind us (stay tuned for the upcoming post) and we are in the middle of the Milan Fashion Week right now! Below you can see the most remarkable moments of the Fall 2016 New York Fashion Week and some of my favourite collections recap!

Naeem Khan

Naeem Khan is definitely one of the most talented designers of our times. His quite decent celebrity fan club presents his greatest masterpieces on the red carpet season by season. Also this February Naeem Khan presented an outstanding assortment in New York. Look no. 30 (strapless red gown) is my favourite! Check it out below.


Yeezy Season 3

Yup, Kanye West is back in a great style, his fashion show gathered more people than any other designer in total I guess. Apart from the Kardashian-Jenner gang (in stunning custom outfits created by Olivier Rousteing and Kanye West), we could see Karlie Kloss, Gigi and Bella Hadid, Naomi Campbell (also on runway), Jennifer Hudson, Carine Roitfeld, Jaden Smith, Chloe Sevigny, Olivier Rousteing, Jay-Z and even Anna Wintour herself. The collection is very casual, combining pastel colours, oversized clothes and sporty style. You can watch some part of the show over here.


Fenty x Puma

Another artist-brand collaboration: Rihanna has created her own collection with Puma. Also very unconventional and original set, styling and atmosphere. I barely recognised the Hadid sisters! Check it out below!


Alexander Wang


Altuzarra


Reem Acra

Original shapes and unique cuts - that's what Reem Acra showed this season in New York. I also loved the lace motifs and styling. Absolutely beautiful collection.


Rodarte


Diane von Furtsenberg

Diane's beautiful and feminine designs wow the fashion industry season by season, this time she recruited her own squad of top models and made her fashion gig epic. Cocktail dresses, party motifs, bright colours, sequins and stunning models put me in a groovy mood and although it's a Fall collection, I felt the summer breeze on my skin!


Tommy Hilfiger

I don't think there is anyone who would actually criticise Tommy Hilfiger's Fall 2016 Ready-to-Wear fashion show. It was simply outstanding. Gorgeous models (especially Gigi and Sara!) in nautical clothing, a lot of stripes and golden buttons equals fantastic season for Mr. Hilfiger. Ay captain!


Marchesa

Every time I watch the latest Marchesa collections I am amazed how can anyone be able to produce such as beautiful clothing as Karen Craig and Georgina Chapman! Their Fall 2016 Ready-to-Wear line is stunning. I loved the details, royal motifs and all the glitter. Pure masterpiece, hats off.

Ralph Lauren

Ralph Lauren's collection was more casual as it consisted mainly of ponchos, blazers, knee skirts and cardigans in shades of brown. As I personally love this kind of style and wear it myself, I really enjoyed the fashion show. Plus of course, Karlie looked amazing, right?!
Of course let's not forget about the celebrities attending the fashion shows. Each season every designer gathers his own retinue in the first row. We could notice quite often top fashionistas like: Olivia Palermo, Kendall Jenner, Kate Bosworth, Coco Rocha and Emily Ratajkowski. Check out who else showed up in New York this time!

You Might Also Like

2 Leave a comment

  1. Girls fashion and their age are always inversely proportional. You have fantastic stuff on this blog that keep the girls young and beautiful with you fashion tips. Being a fashion artist I really appreciate your efforts and work.
    Love from Royal Lady

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I could teach me how to put the previous posts that are just below the logo? Thank you!

    ReplyDelete