Among the Côte d'Azur

Tuesday, April 05, 2016

This year I spent Easter in an unconventional for me way, I went with my friends on a road trip among the Côte d'Azur. We visited Monaco, Nice in France and Sanremo in Italy. Below you can see some pictures from our trip!

Our first stop was Monaco. To be honest I didn't expect it to be THAT beautiful! Although basically everything is really tiny there (parking was a true nightmare!), it's a lovely country with stunning landscapes, as you can see the ports of Monaco were my favourite spots for pictures! We stayed in hotel Marriott, which is very well situated plus offers a lift to the restaurant/club for the guests. As much as we were happy with our hotel, I can't say the same thing about the place where we had our lunch. As I am not keen on spreading the negative energy on my blog, you can read my entire review of that awful place on Trip Advisor... Apart from that, I absolutely loved our stay in Monaco and will definitely return to Monte Carlo which is worth a deeper discovery!


Our next stop was Nice in France. Nice is a typical French city located next to the sea with an amazing variety of cute bakeries and restaurants. We stayed at Hi Hotel, a modern designed, ecological place located in the central part of the city.


While looking for a place to eat, we bumped into a local street market with all kind of goodies! Fresh spices, fruit, vegetables, toiletries and flowers, whatever you need, you'll find it right there!


I can frankly say that it was in Nice where I had one of the best meals of my life. The place was called La Maison de Marie, I loved both its decor and menu. I can recommend you a monkfish served with the chorizo sauce, it was absolutely delicious! Have a look at the picture below, doesn't it look yummy?!


While being on a trip, I love discovering vintage boutiques with old desginer stuff, that's why I was so excited when we found one in the centre of Nice! It was full of old Chanel bags, Jimmy Choo stilettos and Hermés scarves, not mentioning the gigantic collection of vintage jewellery! Check it out here.


We spent our last days of holidays in Sanremo, Italy. Although we didn't have such a nice weather there as we did in Monaco and France, we enjoyed our stay to the maximum by sightseeing this lovely little town.

You Might Also Like

3 Leave a comment

  1. Zdjęcia piękne aż chce się wyruszyć w podróż.

    ReplyDelete