Spring wardrobe essentials

Thursday, June 16, 2016

I don't know about you guys, but here in Switzerland it's still early springtime. As much as I love this season, I am really looking forward to summer! Last year in May it was so hot I could swim in the lake, whereas this year it's June already and it rains almost everyday!

In Zurich the majority of women use business casual clothing in their daily style, which is especially demanding with such a changeable weather! Luckily some brands create collections destined for businesswomen! Recently I've came across one of them - Betabrand offers a big variety of elegant clothing, perfect for the Swiss lifestyle. Here you can check the pants available at their online store. These are my absolute favourite!

Unfortunately Swiss climate remains quite stubborn and looks like the following weeks won't be bringing any more sunshine. That's why I've come up with an idea to talk about spring wardrobe essentials!

Colours

When I think of spring fashion the first thing that comes into my mind is a mild pastel colour range. Mint coloured nails, white tops, light blue jeans, beige jackets and nude ballerinas make a perfect spring set. Personally I am a massive fan of brown, so my wardrobe is full of pieces in different shades of brown as well.

Trends

One of the biggest comebacks we could observe this season was crochet. I absolutely love the white crochet tops available in H&M (the Coachella collection), they're very chic and perfect for festivals and outdoor activities!


As a boho style lover, I can never get enough of fringe pieces! Whether it's a bag, skirt, jacket or boots, if it contains fringe, it's most likely I am going to get it. My tip: fringe goes perfectly with suede ankle boots, wedges and gladiator sandals.

Another crucial element of my spring wardrobe are ripped jeans. There was a time I never wore jeans, now I can't imagine not having few pairs in my closet! What I really like about ripped jeans is a fact that they can turn any boring look into something new and funky. Worn with a blazer and a pair of stilettos make a fantastic spring outfit! Denim vests and jackets are also a great idea to vary your styling!


Currently in Switzerland we have a lace up tops and bomber jackets overload, which I don't mind as I find those trends really great and I am a fan myself! You can find many great pieces in Tally Weijl, Zara and in online stores like Boohoo or Asos.

You Might Also Like

4 Leave a comment